PRME UKI Chapter: NEWS UPDATE: 26 JULY 2022
Deadlines, dates for your diaries and details of initiatives that may interest you: a news roundup from the PRME Chapter UK and Ireland
Looking back at our Chapter Conference and Doctoral Colloquium – 27 to 29 June 2022
We were delighted to welcome 150 delegates to the University of Hull or via our online sessions when we gathered for our conference and colloquium last month. Challenging keynotes, specialist panels, varied paper and workshop sessions, presentations by our research and pedagogy competition winners – all played their part in creating a highly successful three days.
Thank you to all the contributors! Much appreciation also to our hosts, the University of Hull Business School, and particularly conference organiser Dr Fernando Correia, not only for the academic programme but also for creating an environment conducive to connecting with old friends and making new ones.
If you would like to access a recording of any of the sessions (including all keynotes) that were transmitted via the web, you can do so here.
Elections for new Chapter Steering Committee Members
At our AGM on 29 June we were able to announce the outcome of our recent elections. We would like to thank all those who stood as candidates and to welcome the following to a three year term of office on the Committee.
· Nishat Azmat – University of Birmingham – re-elected
· Claire May – University of Lincoln
· Karen Neville – University College Cork
· Mohamed Saeudy – University of Bedfordshire
· Laura Steele – Queen’s University Belfast
Conference hosts announced for summer of 2023
Next year is the Tenth Anniversary of our founding as a Chapter, and we are returning to the venue for our founding meeting, Aston University, to mark the occasion. We haven’t set dates yet but will endeavour to do so early in the new academic year. If you are aware of events taking place in late June/early July 2023 that might clash with our conference, don’t assume the Chapter will know about them and do drop us a line on PRME_UKI@gcu.ac.uk to put us in the picture. As is our normal practice, the conference organiser at Aston (Nathalie Ormrod) also joins our Steering Committee for the year before the event to ensure good liaison. Welcome, Nathalie !
PRME UK & Ireland Chapter Onboarding Session for new PRME Leads - Thursday 8 September 2022, 10am-11am, Online
If you’re a new PRME Lead in your institution, do join us on Thursday 8 September 2022 for the first in a biannual series of 'onboarding' sessions for new PRME Leads within the UK and Ireland Chapter. If you have been in the role for a while but need a few reminders, feel free to attend as well. To register, please click here.
The session will cover:
· An overview of the objectives, structure, and work of PRME.
· Different ways to engage with PRME at a local, national, and international level, including competitions for faculty and students.
· Key requirements of a PRME Sharing Information on Progress (SIP) Report and examples of exemplary reporting.
· Q & A with established PRME Leads within the Chapter.
In addition, there will be a set of sharable resources disseminated, which you can use to articulate the value of PRME to colleagues within your institution.
For questions or more information, please email Laura Steele email@example.com
The Chapter Events Calendar
We endeavour to summarise all upcoming events, deadlines etc on our website calendar. Please remember to update PRME_UKI@gcu.ac.uk if you are organising a PRME event to which those outside your institution or area are invited.
Items for future news updates
· If you have items that might be of interest to our PRME readership, we would be happy to consider including them in these regular news updates. We are also trying to reduce the number of separate mailouts by issuing more regular news roundups like the one above.
· If you would like us to include items in future news updates, please send them to our Secretariat - PRME_UKI@gcu.ac.uk
That’s it for now – best wishes from the UK and Ireland Chapter Steering Committee